PORTLAND, OREGON…Freightliner Trucks has announced the recipients of its 2004 Leland James Sales Achievement Awards. The achievement program, named after the founder of Freightliner, acknowledges and rewards Freightliner Trucks dealer sales representatives for excellence in sales performance, customer service and industry leadership. The award recipients were recognized at the recent Freightliner Trucks dealer meeting in Indian Wells, Calif.
“Our founder, Leland James, blazed the trail and manufactured his own vehicle after not being able to find a truck that suited his needs,” said Mark Lampert, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Freightliner Trucks. “His legacy for demanding excellence and customer satisfaction is the foundation of Freightliner Trucks and the reason behind these awards.”
With over 400 dealer locations in North America, Freightliner Trucks offers a vast service network. Sales professionals at these dealerships are supported with comprehensive training and product knowledge programs administered through Freightliner Trucks’ online dealer resource, SalesCenter.
“Our dealer sales staff has worked exceptionally hard this year, both in becoming professionally certified through our online learning programs and meeting sales goals,” added Lampert. “Their efforts helped produced a tremendous year for Freightliner Trucks in 2004 and reflect the achievements of our dealership organization.”
The North American Presidential Award is given to the top six dealer sales professionals in North America. These individuals have achieved the highest sales based on criteria set forth by Freightliner Trucks. The 2004 President’s Award recipients are:
• Bryan Crawford, Los Angeles Freightliner, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Michael Clark, Fresno Truck Center, Fresno, Calif.
• Mark Courson, Freightliner of Montgomery, Montgomery, Ala.
• Jim Hill, Triad Freightliner Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C.
• Joe Switzer, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.
• Steve Davis, River States Truck and Trailer, La Crosse, Wis.
Freightliner Trucks’ U.S. Regional and Canadian Presidential Award winners are those individuals who attained the highest sales in each U.S. region and Canada. The 2004 Canadian winners are:
• Mike Etienne, Calgary Freightliner, Ltd., Calgary, Alberta
• Don Patterson, Freightliner of Red Deer, Red Deer, Alberta
• Amir Delvarani, Freightliner of Vancouver, Ltd., Vancouver, British Columbia
• Gary Habel, Team Truck Centres, Ltd., Kitchener, Ontario
• Gary McKinnon, Nova Enterprises, Ltd., Truro, Nova Scotia
U.S. regional recipients are:
• Bob Jensen, Transchicago Truck Group, Elmhurst, Ill.
• John Patkunas, Truck Centers, Inc., Morton, Ill.
• Al Hansen, Truck Country of Wausau, Mosinee, Wis.
• Ron Donze, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.
• Kevin Coen, Nebraska Truck Center, Inc., Grand Island, Neb.
• John Scheller, River States Truck and Trailer, La Crosse, Wis.
• Mike Parker, Baltimore Freightliner, Baltimore, Md.
• Bill Rhyne, Fyda Freightliner Columbus, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
• Bob Baldwin, Golden Gate Truck Center, Oakland, Calif.
• Mike Tannler, Fresno Truck Center, Fresno, Calif.
• Gary Caetano, Fresno Truck Center, Fresno, Calif.
• Larry Parrott, Freedom Truck Centers, Inc., Spokane, Wash.
Freightliner Trucks is a division of Freightliner LLC, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and is the leading heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. Freightliner LLC produces and markets Class 3-8 trucks and is a company of DaimlerChrysler, the world's largest commercial vehicle manufacturer.