INDIANAPOLIS – March 5, 2014 – Freightliner Trucks is highlighting a selection of its vocational solutions at the 2014 NTEA Work Truck show. The Freightliner Trucks booth (#4659) will feature a variety of Freightliner medium duty (M2) and severe duty (SD) models, including:
• The Class 6/7 market-leading M2 106, featuring a Fassi crane installed by Giuffre Bros. Cranes, used for car debris recovery at the iconic Indianapolis 500 race;
• The versatile 108SD, featuring an Altec telescopic boom crane;
• The tough and efficient 114SD featuring a Vactor Manufacturing vacuum body;
• A 114SD CNG snow plow truck featuring the clean-burning Cummins Westport ISL G natural gas engine and Hi-Way Equipment plow installed by J.C. Madigan, Inc.; and
• The rugged 122SD equipped with a Rogers Manufacturing Co., Inc., dump body.
Freightliner Trucks is also announcing new options for its M2, 108SD and 114SD vocational lines of vehicles:
• Heated Seats: The new heated seat option provides both driver and passenger heated seats, with the functionality controlled by a switch on the seat. The high back air suspension seats have multiple comfort options, including lumbar support, integrated seat cushions, forward and rear cushion tilt, and adjustable shock suspension.
• Polished Stainless Steel Steps: New polished stainless steel cab access options provide a stylish alternative to standard argent silver or black steps. The durable steps are constructed to withstand frequent use and variable weather conditions without comprising their bright finish.
• Bumper Guide Lights: Freightliner now provides a factory installed pre-wire package for either Freightliner PDI Center-installed or customer-supplied lighted sight rods. These bumper guide lights provide improved visibility for vocational applications such as utility, refuse, and snow plow.
• Chassis Module Relocation Prep Kit: This new option contains a prep kit to relocate the chassis module from the frame rail to the inside of the cab, providing additional protection for the chassis module by keeping it out of the way of debris and moisture.
For more information, visit the Freightliner booth at the Work Truck Show (#4659) or go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com.
Freightliner Trucks is a division of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and is the leading heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets Class 4-8 trucks and is a Daimler company, the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.