INDIANAPOLIS – Sterling Truck Corporation has a tough new vehicle in its lineup: the Sterling Bullet™. This highly anticipated chassis-cab product was introduced today at the NTEA Work Truck Show 2007 in Indianapolis. The Bullet is the latest addition to the company’s full line of Class 3-8 work trucks and will be available at select Sterling dealerships in late fall 2007.
The Bullet joins the low cab-over Sterling 360™ to round out the company’s mid-range vehicle lineup. Competing in the Class 4/5 markets, the Bullet is ideal for demanding applications including construction, residential services, landscaping, municipal services, utility, and pickup and delivery.
“Together with the Sterling 360, the Bullet makes Sterling the only commercial vehicle manufacturer to offer a complete line of Class 3-8 vehicles,” said Matthew Stevenson, director of light commercial vehicles for Sterling Truck Corporation. “We gave this truck the tagline Nothing Stops The Bullet because there isn’t an application this truck can’t tackle. Like all Sterling trucks, the Bullet can be customized for the demands of any job.”
Features and Options
Several impressive features come standard on the Bullet, including a powerful Cummins 6.7L ISB engine with exhaust brake, a power take-off prep package, and a rugged 34-inch wide, 50,000 psi frame for easy body builder upfit.
Boasting numerous options, the Bullet is offered as a regular cab in four wheelbases or as a quad cab in two wheelbases. It also features two- or four-wheel drive and optional snow plow and towing packages.
Drivers will appreciate the smooth shifting manual or the optional fuel-saving automatic transmission. Standard air conditioning, easy-to-read gauges, and an adjustable tilt steering wheel reduce operator fatigue, while driver and passenger airbags make the Bullet a safe operating environment.
Notable base model options include cruise control, fog lights, power windows and locks, power trailer tow mirrors, and numerous radio options. A premium interior package is available, and features options such as a navigation radio with available GPS, a cloth six-way power seat, an Infinity MP3/CD player, and much more.
Some popular specs include:
• Regular cab (123-inch BBC), quad cab (143-inch BBC) with 2WD and 4WD drivelines available
• GVWRs of 16,500 to 19,500 pounds for both regular and quad cab with a GCWR of 26,000lbs
• Wheelbase offerings/cab-to-axle measurements for regular cab include 144.5 inches/60 inches, 168.5 inches/84 inches; 192.5 inches/108 inches, 204.5 inches/120 inches, and for quad cab include 164.5 inches/60 inches, 188.5 inches /84 inches
• 6.7L Cummins ISB turbo diesel EPA ’07-compliant engine powers 305hp with 610lbs.-ft of torque and standard exhaust brake
• Transmission options of manual six-speed or automatic six-speed with overdrive
• Transmission Power Take Off capability standard
• Axle ratios 4.10, 4.44 and 4.88
• Front axle rating of 7,000 pounds, rear axle rating of 13,500 pounds
• Eight exterior standard paint options; special paint options available
The Bullet will be available at select Sterling dealers throughout the United States and Canada.
“Sterling dealers are work truck experts and are equipped to provide customers with all of the solutions they need to get the job done right,” said Stevenson. “Plus, customers will get the kind of service they expect from a commercial vehicle dealer: service centers with longer hours, and technicians trained to get trucks back to work fast.”
Sterling Truck Corporation, based in Redford, Mich., produces and markets a full line of Class 3-8 work trucks for regional hauling and diverse vocational applications. Sterling is a subsidiary of Freightliner LLC. Freightliner LLC produces and markets Class 3-8 vehicles and is part of DaimlerChrysler’s Truck Group, the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.