LOUISVILLE, KY. – Western Star Trucks is showcasing six 2008 model year trucks – all with EPA ’07 technology – at this year’s Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), March 22-24 in Louisville, Ky. Two of the trucks feature custom airbrushed artwork with the signature True Fire™ designs of Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint, as seen on the Discovery Channel. Plus, Western Star’s entire line of Stratosphere® sleepers will be shown for the first time at MATS.
Visitors to booth #3300 – which takes up more than 9,000 square feet of display space – can get an up-close look at the following trucks:
• 4900 EX 82-inch Ultra High Stratosphere sleeper and Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine with custom True Fire airbrushing from Killer Paint
• 4900 EX with 82-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Caterpillar C15 engine with custom True Fire airbrushing from Killer Paint
• 4900 SA with 40-inch Stratosphere sleeper and MBE 4000 engine
• 4900 SA heavy haul tractor with Caterpillar C15 engine
• 4900 FA with 54-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Caterpillar C15 engine
• 4900 EX with 68-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine
Western Star is also conducting a ride and drive with a 4900 EX – the ultimate extended hood owner/operator truck – equipped with an EPA ‘07 Detroit Diesel S60 Engine. In addition, a 4900 EX equipped with an EPA ‘07 550 hp Caterpillar C15 engine will be on display in the South Hall lobby throughout the show.
With dependable vehicles ideal for every application from over the road to construction, Western Star offers a full lineup of premium on-highway and vocational trucks. Western Star’s four models – the set-forward 4900 FA, the set-back 4900 SA, the 4900 EX extended hood and the extreme-duty 6900 XD – are available with more than 8,000 individual options and spacious, quiet cabs and sleepers.
Western Star Trucks, headquartered in Redford, Mich., produces heavy-duty custom trucks for long-haul and vocational applications. Western Star is a subsidiary of Freightliner LLC. Freightliner LLC produces and markets Class 3-8 vehicles and is part of DaimlerChrysler’s Truck Group, the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.