This year’s booth highlights Western Star’s customized engineering, showcases versatile on-highway vehicles and vocational models
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – March 20, 2013 – Western Star Truck Sales, Inc. today announced its booth line-up for the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS). Decked in blueprint-style illustrations, the Western Star booth (#30185) will showcase the high level of engineering and custom capabilities of the brand.
Show attendees can view Western Star’s range of product solutions — from fuel efficient and lightweight on-highway trucks to extreme, off-road vocational models — ideal for long-haul, mining, agriculture, heavy-haul segments, and more.
“This year at MATS, our customers will be immersed in the purposeful design and attention to detail in which our brand prides itself,” said Mike Jackson, general manager, Western Star. “From the nuts and bolts to eye-catching exteriors, our booth will feature all facets of the Western Star brand, inside and out.”
The following will be featured in Western Star’s booth at MATS:
- A lightweight Western Star® 4700SB Day Cab Tractor, featuring a 110” BBC
- Western Star® 4900SB with Fuel Efficient Package, featuring an aerodynamic design and new, lightweight spec options
- A highly-customized Western Star® 4900SF Heavy Haul tractor with a 40-inch low roof sleeper
- Western Star® 6900XD 40-ton Mining truck chassis equipped with a Detroit Series 60® Tier III engine (425-500 hp, up to 1550 lb-ft torque)
- Rugged Western Star® 4900SF Australian “Road Train” Tractor
American country music singer Kix Brooks and reality television star Edgar Hansen from the hit series “Deadliest Catch” will make appearances in the Western Star booth. Attendees can also view a live performance by emerging country music artist Maggie Rose. All celebrities are available for meet-and-greets and autograph signings.
For more information about Western Star, and to find a local dealer, visit www.WesternStar.com or call 866-850-STAR (7827).
Western Star Trucks Sales, Inc., headquartered in Fort Mill, S.C., produces heavy-duty custom trucks for long-haul and vocational applications. Western Star is a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America LLC. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets Class 4-8 vehicles and is a Daimler company, the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.